Monday, February 16, 2009

Paris: Haute Cuisine (hotels)

Since my last stop was Paris I think it’s appropriate to start by righting about that lovely Ville.

There are just too many things I love about Paris, but one of my favorites is the food. I often say that recommending the top and most expensive restaurants in town is not much of a tip since they are all very famous. On the other hand the risk of going wrong is really small. But as soon as I feed the blog with the “basics” I’ll start posting more specific tips and more “secret” places. Besides, I had to start somewhere, why not from the top?

Many of the greatest restaurants in the world are concentrated in a rather small piece of land. That spiral-shaped joint of neighborhoods contains most of the world's best chefs and chefs to be.

I consider ambiance a very important aspect of a venue on the final balance of a perfect experience. Some of these top rated restaurants are very traditional and classic and some really clean and modern but I find them all amazingly beautiful and they all offer an outstanding service. Obviously, the food served in all of them is impeccable.

Le “Cinq” (www.fourseasons.com/paris/), Le Meurice (http://www.lemeurice.com/ ) and Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée (http://www.alain-ducasse.com/ ) are located in three of the best and most luxurious hotels in town. Well, Monsieur Ducasse deserves his own post. Restaurant Le Meurice has been renovated, looks better then ever, and has gotten a Starck decorated new neighbor, Restaurant Le Dali. Le “Cinq” has the most beautiful flower arrangements, which, by the way, I used as inspiration for my wedding party decoration, so it’s hard for me not to love the place. All three have great “next door” bars, worth having a cocktail before or after dinner, especially Le Bar du Plaza Athénée, which is quite modern and hype.

Another great hotel restaurant is Les Ambassadeur (http://www.crillon.com/) in Hôtel de Crillon, facing the gorgeous Place de la Concorde, one of Paris' best locations. Besides lunch and dinner they serve a marvelous Brunch du Monde on Sunday mornings! Don’t miss it!

I’ll place some more haute cuisine Parisian restaurants on the a post.

Boa Viagem!

No comments:

Post a Comment